Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Home Again, Home Again; Jiggidy Jog

After a week in the Sierra's and another week in Hawaii, I am back home and trying to get my head around going back to work next Monday. The time in the eastern Sierra's was extremely relaxing and a great start in my desire to decompress from the stresses of life. The week in the mountains was followed by a week on the North Shore of Oahu, celebrating 30 years of marriage. I have always resisted going to Hawaii, using the argument; I live in San Diego and if I want to go to the beach I can head off to La Jolla, Del Mar, Encinitas or any of the other local sandy stretches of sand along the California coast. How wrong could one be?

I made a promise to my wife the computer would be left at home and I turned my Blackberry off. I forwarded my cell phone to her cell phone just in case. I was never so relaxed in my life. I had completely forgotten what it was like to relax, not worry about work, politics or the game of life. I read a couple of books, enjoyed taking naps, exploring the island, watching the sunset, snorkeling and basically reintroducing myself to my wife of 30 years. Our entire trip was worry free, stress free and extremely relaxing.

I'm back and after checking my e-mail I have some very good material for my next few BLOG posts. Tonight I am off to watch the Padres force the Dodgers to wait another day before they can say they are Western Division Champs. Hope to watch Heath strike out the side again tonight to close his 42nd game. Tomorrow I have some reading to do to catch up on the goings on in San Diego (I did see the hiring freeze) and what the mayor has been up to while I was relaxing on the sand in Hawaii. I am going to rant about a past snubbing at the hands of the mayor that people need to know about. Then I have some ideas for the future.

So, until tomorrow; I'm back and ready to rant but need one more day to put the letters of the alphabet in the proper "qwerty" alignment within my brain. Hope all is well with all of you and check back tomorrow for my first true post of many to come.

2 comments:

Just Wondering said...

Steve,

You've described my forced retirement...while I'll admit I wasn't too pleased on July 1st...Today, on October 1st, a few months later, I realize it was the right choice.

Sure it's true the additional DROP dollars would have been nice to have, but staying on the rat race wheel to please those who don't recognize and reward the effort is something, only now, I have come to understand wasn't worth those dollars.

Now, I get to do what I want, when I want and if I change my mind, I just do. No one to second guess what I am doing, especially those who don't understand.

Mark said...

Thank God your back!!!!