Saturday, December 31, 2011

I Made It Out Alive

Today is my first official day as a retired cop. Thirty two years and eight months as a San Diego police officer. I had some fun times, met some wonderful people, lost too many friends and co-workers to untimely and sometimes horrific incidents. I saw more stupidity and violence than imaginable. Met some characters you really had to see to believe.

All in all the job was a blast. The politics of the job was the number one factor for bad memories. I will save the bad for another time. I made it out alive and in one piece. I have my health and am looking forward to a long retirement. I have a number of items on my bucket list of things to do before i die and don't plan on laying around.

I plan on writing more often and speaking out as just that old retired guy who maybe has some insight others may not possess. Until then, have a safe and happy new year.

3 comments:

Capt. Schmoe said...

Congrats. I just started receiving my monthly checks, it is an awesome feeling walking out to the box and finding it there.

That carrot dangling in front of me for the last 30 years looked pretty good, it tastes even better.

Good luck

Anonymous said...

Congrats Steve, see you at your party.

Mike

4 Years to go said...

Holy Shit Steve. You have really caused a stir this time. The 7th floor is all in a twitter over your BLOG. You need to expose them for who and what they really are. Your readers are all waiting.