- Antoine "Tony" El-Assis Traffic Motor 25 Years Service
- Carlos Chacon Detective / Sergeant 33 Years Service
- Jeffrey Fellows Detective / Sergeant 34 Years Service
- Michael McCollough Traffic Inv Sergeant 29 Years Service
- Max Verduzzco Traffic Inv Sergeant 30 Years Service
- Robert Rohde Traffic Inv Agent 34 Years Service
- Bryan Manning Traffic Inv Detective 22 Years Service
- Kenneth Hofer Police Officer II 29 Years Service
- Curtis Perkins Traffic Motor 29 Years Service
- Stephen Webb Traffic Motor 29 Years Service
- William "Bill" Day Traffic Motor 27 Years Service
- Darryl Emerson Traffic Motor 22 Years Service
- Dave Hoffman Police Officer II 29 Years Service
The above members of the department bid farewell on Wednesday, June 17, 2009. Friends, colleagues and family joined in a celebration to wish them all well in retirement at the Recital Hall in the Palisades Building at Balboa Park. Many laughs, tears and stories were shared during the recognition of 402 years of dedicated service to the citizens of San Diego.
- Steve Robinson Detective / Sergeant 30 Years Service
- Sharon McNair Detective / Sergeant 24 Years Service
- Ted Kasinak Detective 35 Years Service
- Dave Walker Detective 29 Years Service
- Ed Martinez Agent 29 Years Service
- Mike Kroesch Police Officer II 25 Years Service
- David Lyall Police Officer II 28 Years Service
- Scott Lawford Police Officer II 24 Years Service
The above members of the department bid farewell this evening, Friday, June 19, 2009. Friends, colleagues and family joined in a celebration to wish them all well in retirement in the Hall at the SDPOA. Many laughs, tears and stories were shared during the recognition of 224 years of dedicated service to the citizens of San Diego.
- John Teft Sergeant 30+ Years Service
- Steve Sloan Detective 30+ Years Service
- Joseph Wood Detective / Sergeant 31 Years Service
Steve celebrated his retirement with a gathering at the Rock House at the San Diego Police Pistol Range on Thursday, June 18, 2009. Steve served as a Director for many years on the SDPOA Board of Directors, serving the members and representing us during negotiations. John celebrated his retirement with a gathering at the same location, Friday, June 19, 2009. Many OMBAC friends, family and co-workers joined in wishing John well in retirement. Joe will be celebrating his retirement at the SDPOA Hall on Saturday, June 20, 2009, at 1500 hours. Joe ended his long career working as a Detective Sergeant in Internal Affairs. He will be joined by many family, friends and co-workers to send him off to retirement and wish him well.
The twenty-four (24) dedicated Police Officers above have provided a combined 717+ years of service to the Citizens of San Diego. These men and women have given the best part of their lives ensuring the safety of people they do not know. Each will tell you they did the job because they loved it and could think of nothing more satisfying than fulfilling their responsibilities as a police officer. None of them joined the department for the money or the benefits. They were called to the job for many reasons; most saying because they wanted to make a difference. They will all tell you they are leaving because the promises made by those they served have been broken and they cannot continue to serve and risk the loss of retiree medical insurance for themselves and their family. Few were ready or wanting to retire.
They each can stand tall and be proud of their service, dedication and commitment to the Citizens of San Diego. I wish to say "THANK-YOU" from the citizens and co-workers who had the pleasure and honor of working with you all. Enjoy another 30 years of happiness and joy and remember you were one of the good guys who made a difference. You will be missed greatly!!!!